Where to See Holiday Lights in San Antonio
Our beautiful city has so much entertainment to offer year-round. It’s one of the reasons I have really enjoyed making this city my home. If you’re anything like me and you enjoy glazing at the beautiful holiday lights, I have compiled a list of the best places to enjoy them this holiday season.
- San Antonio Riverwalk. November 29- January 13. This holiday season enjoy a stroll or dinner along the river bank and be delighted with over 100,000 beautiful lights while listening to the Christmas Carolers singing from boats. Price: Free. Or take the hour-long GO River cruise and enjoy hot cocoa, warm desert while listening to holiday music. Price for cruise is $25 Adults/$15 Children. Ford Fiesta de las Luminarias- Takes place on weekends through December 16. The Mexican Christmas Lanterns luminate at dusk.
- Holiday Night Market at The Pearl. On Thursdays, December 5, 12 and 19, features farmer’s market, artisan vendors and live holiday music. Vendors will be on site and will vary. You can also enjoy the third annual Posada at Pearl is on December 18. It is a re-enactment of Mary and Joseph’s quest to find lodging in Bethlehem. Price: Free
- Light the Way at University of Incarnate Word. Start the season with a lighting ceremony and celebration with food and entertainment on November 17. The lights stay up through January 6. Price: Free
- Zoo Lights at San Antonio Zoo. November 22- December 31. This year enjoy everything that our San Antonio Zoo has to offer but with a holiday twist. Make sure to stay and watch the zoo transform at night with Whataburger Zoo Lights – A Starry Safari. There are thousands of lights throughout the zoo, hot chocolate, roast marshmallows, decorate cookies with Mrs. Claus and even visit Santa too. Don’t miss the Lakeside Light Show which is Latin-inspired and full of fun energy. Price: Adult $19.99 Children $16.99
- The Alamo/Alamo Plaza. Extended Hours-open until to 8pm through end of December. Walk through The Alamo which is adorned with holiday lights. On December 7, be a part of A Homemade Christmas. There will be crafts for everyone, Christmas stories, and a holiday celebration. The Alamo is always free and accept donations. Also, at the Alamo Plaza enjoy carriage rides through downtown San Antonio. Price: $25
- Travis Park. H.E.B.’s Giant Christmas tree. Travis park is decorated for the holidays and is a nice place to take the kids. Watch holiday movies by moonlight December 3, 10 and 17 with the whole family. Price: Free
- SeaWorld Christmas Celebration. November 23- January 5 Enjoy over “9 million lights” making it the “largest Christmas light display in Texas.” You won’t want to miss the Sesame Street Parade with ten fabulously decorated floats and “show-stopping” performances. This family event will be memorable for all. With all the excitement make sure to make it over to visit Santa! Price: $59.99 and other options
- Elf Acres. Nightly from November 20-December 29. Drive through “15 acres” of Christmas lights with music and animated displays. Concessions include hot cocoa, popcorn, funnel cakes and glowing cotton candy! Price: $27 per vehicle
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas- Holiday in the Park presented by H.E.B. November 23- January The park transforms to a holiday spectacular with its new Live shows, festive treats, Santa’s Cottage, Holiday Express, and giant Christmas tree on main street Rockville. Spend time with the festive Looney Tune Characters. Check out their amazing and most popular show- “The story of Nativity is brought to life with live animals, angels flying through the heavenly skies and unforgettable vocal performances” as described on their website. Price: $50.99 but also included with season pass holder tickets
- Morgan’s Wonderland. On select nights November 29, 30 and December 7, 14, 15, 20-23 Wonderland Christmas Celebration includes twinkling lights, a petting zoo, simulated ice rink, visitors from the North Pole, complimentary cookies and hot chocolate, photos with Santa, and entertainment for the whole family. Price: Adults 18-61 $17. Free for Guests with special needs. Children 3-17, military and seniors $11
- Boerne- Nightly through Christmas Night. The Old West Christmas Light Fest at Enchanted Spring Ranch. Lights, music, laser tag, escape rooms, synchronized light show, food and fun. Enjoy the authentic western town where more than 40 buildings are brought to life. Play games, shop and visit Santa too. Price: $15. They also offer military discounts, family packs and more.
- Natural Bridge Caverns- Christmas at the Caverns. December 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 23. Christmas at the Caverns features Christmas Carols echoing through the underground caverns, outdoor maze, hayrides, s’mores, games, music, a giant snow globe, ice skating and story-time with Santa. Price: vary based on age and activities.
- Santa’s Ranch in New Braunfels. November 8-January 4. Look for the 50’ Christmas tree and then drive through a mile of winding country roads and enjoy the animated holiday displays, over 1.5 million custom lights, and snacks. Price: $30 + tax per vehicle