- Less Competition. Because there are fewer houses on the market, you will have less competition and more chances of selling your house.
- Serious Buyers. Buyers are more serious in the Fall and Winter months. No one wants to be out in the cold looking at houses unless they are serious about buying.
- High Demand, Low inventory. Because buyers are more serious and the inventory is low, you’ll likely get the price you want. It’s a matter of supply and demand. Think back to your economy classes.
- Move-up. If you want to buy a new construction home, this is the time to sell and buy. Builders provide greater incentives than in the busier Spring and Summer months.
- Houses show better during the holidays. The holidays allow us to decorate and provide a warm and cozy ambience.
- Buyers are more emotional during the holidays and therefore are more motivated to buy now. Families gather for holidays and buyers want to show off their new homes.
- Some buyers need to purchase before the end of the year- for tax purposes! These buyers are serious.
- Corporate Relocations and Year-end Bonuses. You may encounter more people relocating in January and February. Buyers who get year-end bonuses can use their bonuses for down payments.
The San Antonio market sales have been steadily increasing. According to the San Antonio Board of Realtors, 2860 homes were sold in October of 2019. That is up by 12 percent from last year. For the fourth quarter of 2018, in Bexar County, there were 5447 homes sold. If October sales have managed to surpass last year’s home sold numbers, I predict that the same will happen for the remainder of this quarter and the beginning of the first quarter.
*The content provided here is my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of my broker.